This policy describes the ways we collect, store, use and protect your personal information. You accepted this policy when you signed up for our Service. We may amend this policy at any time by posting a revised version on our website. The revised version will be effective at the time we post it. We last modified this Policy on April 1, 2009.
How we collect information about you
If you sign up to advertise your property, we collect the following types of information from you:
- Contact information - your name, address, phone, email, Skype ID and other similar information.
- Information describing the property(s) you are advertising including photos, and if you are a real estate professional, contact information about your business.
- Financial information - credit card numbers that you provide to pay for your property ad.
Before permitting you to use our Service, we may require you to provide additional information we can use to verify your identity or address or manage risk, such as your date of birth, social security number or other information.
When you sign up to advertise property on our website we may place small data files called "cookies" on your computer.
We read thess "cookies" from your computer when you log in to your account. This type of cookie stores your logon id and password and helps us to recognize you so that we don’t need to ask you for your password on each page when you are managing your account. Once you log out or close your browser, this cookie is stored for future visits.
We encode our cookies so that only we can interpret the information stored in them. You are free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, but doing so may interfere with your use of our website.
How we protect and store personal information
Throughout this policy, we use the term "personal information" to describe information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been anonymized so that it does not identify a specific user.
We store and process your personal information on our and our business partners computers. We, our website hosting company and third party credit card processing company(s) protect personal information by maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable US federal and state regulations. We and our business partners use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, and enforce physical access controls to buildings and files, and we/they authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities.
How we use the personal information we collect
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience when advertising your property on our website and to provide users of the website a means of contacting you about the property(s) you are advertising. We may use your personal information to:
- provide the services and customer support you request;
- process transactions and send notices about your transactions
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- customize, measure, and improve our services and the content and layout of our website;
- send you targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
How we share personal information with RealEstate-In-Greece.net users and our Business Partners
To process your payments, we need to share some of your personal information with the third party credit card processing company that handles our payments from you. Your contact information, date of sign-up, and credit card information.
In order for users to contact you about the property(s) you are advertising, we share your contact information with them when displaying your property ad on the website.
During sign up and under the admin of your property ad(s), you have the option to hide all of your contact information from website users and receive email inquiries anonomously.
How we share personal information with other parties
We may share your personal information with:
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties when
- we are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order or similar legal procedure
- we need to do so to comply with law
- we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or to report suspected illegal activity.
RealEstate-In-Greece will not sell or rent any of your personal information to third parties in the normal course of doing business and only shares your personal information with third parties as described in this policy.
How you can access or change your personal information
You can review and edit your personal information at any time by logging in to your account.
How you can contact us about privacy questions
If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, you should contact us by using this form or writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org